Check my article that has been published on Bollywoodshaadis.com here.
You can also view my profile as their team of experts here.
One can lose weight effectively at home. One really does not require heavy gym machines or expensive equipment to lose weight. All you need is will power, motivation, dedication, persistence and perseverance.
If you feel that only big machines can give you result, you are mistaken. Working against your own body resistance is the best.
1.There are many exercises, which are not just safe but very effective. Treadmill can be substituted with outdoors walking or at home spot jogging or skipping. There are many such ways to have a good cardio workout. Lifestyle modifications are also needed.
2. Substitute your chair with a gym ball. Just sitting on it, you will be stabilizing and activating your core.
Similarly climb up and down the stairs. It is same as cross trainer in a gym.
3. Yoga- Do not under estimate yoga. Yoga, if done correctly is effective for weight loss. All you need is a mat at home. You can do power yoga. Incorporate repetitions of sun salutations (surya namaskars). Do many reps and reduce the rest. Breathe correctly and see how if helps in weight loss. What is important is that you do know the right technique before you attempt doing it on your own.
4. Calisthenics- these exercises also do not require any equipment. They use your own body weight to help you tone and sculpt. E.g. lunges, squats, crunches, plies, and push-ups. All these exercises not only help you to tone up but if they are done correctly, can also facilitate weight loss. When targeting weight loss, do more sets and reps and reduce the resting period. So that the heart rate is up and you burn fat.
5. It is important to do yoga stretches after your workout. You can do these while cooling down. It will reduce the post exercise soreness and you will be ready to work with renewed energy the next day.
6. Pranayam, meditation, breathing also helps to regulate the internal organs. Weight loss is not achieved only through cardio. Journey to weight loss has to be holistic. Mind, body and soul has a deep connection.
7. At home, one can exercise and shape up with simple things like tubing, thera band or resistance bands, dumb bells, barbells, etc. Do not neglect sculpting exercises and toning up the muscles.
8. Pilates- Like yoga, pilates too can be done on a mat. But unlike yoga, pilates is more dynamic. It focuses more on core. It has to be done with precision. The exercises flow. Do less repetitions but do them correctly and effectively. They say when you do pilates, in first month, you feel the difference, in second month you see the difference and in the third month, the whole world sees it. This is absolutely true. It is tried and tested.
9. Kickboxing-One hour of kickboxing, makes you lose a lot of calories. Learn to jab, punch and kick. Try it at home. Sweat out some calories and some fat and get in shape.
10. Dancing- Last but not the least, dance your way to fitness. Put your favorite music and dance. Whether it is Punjabi Bhangra or Bollywood, skip, hop, jump and just have fun. Sweat out for an hour and see a new and fitter body.