Halasana as described and demonstrated here before, has many benefits.
- Strengthens the abs, back, spine, shoulders and neck. It also opens the muscles of these regions.
- It helps to reduce stress and calms the nervous system. It also reduces fatigue.
- It stimulates the thyroid gland.
- It helps to build immunity
- It tones the legs.
- It helps the women during menopause.
There are few variations that you may attempt, which will help you to go into plow pose.
You can keep a cushion or a small ball under your lower back for added support.
Attempt to bring one leg down and touch the floor. Alternate the legs, before you slowly bring both legs down.
Slowly bring both legs down and only then leave the support of your hands.
Finally relax after coming out of halasana.